You can choose to hide a life event by tapping “…” at the top of the post and selecting “Hide from Timeline.”
Are life events public on Facebook?
Facebook really wants us to use Life Events. The company thinks they’re so important that it stars them for you automatically (meaning they are given more prominence on your Timeline). Life Events are also public by default, although you can change that setting before you publish.
How do you update a life event on Facebook without posting it?
- Click the update info button of whatever information you wish to update and hit edit.
- Click the privacy setting button next to the specific item you will change, and then change the setting to “Only Me.”
- Enter your new information, and then save it. …
- Click the Activity Log button near the top of your timeline.
Do life events show up in newsfeed?
Our guide will show you how to share a life event in a Facebook News Feed post. … Step 1: Near the top of your News Feed, tap “What’s on your mind?” to begin creating a new post. Step 2: Swipe up on the post options at the bottom of the screen to expand the menu. Step 3: Tap “Life Event.”
Where do life events show up on Facebook?
Go to profile and select “Life Event”
You can do so by clicking on the humanoid icon at the bottom of your screen, or from the three-line menu button in the bottom right. Once on the profile, look to where you’d normally make a status. You’ll notice “Life Events” under the field “What’s on your mind?”
How do I delete life events on Facebook?
To edit or delete a life event on your Facebook profile:
- Tap in the top right of Facebook, then tap your name.
- Scroll down and tap Life Events, then find tap the life event you’d like to edit or delete.
- Tap in the top right and select Edit Privacy or Delete post.
How do I make a life event appear on my timeline?
Go to your Facebook profile page.
- Above where it says “What’s on your mind,” on the right, click “Life Event.” …
- Choose the most fitting category, or select “Create Your Own.” …
- Fill in the information as desired: Title, date, description, location, and any photos you may want to add or people you may want to tag.
How do life events work on Facebook?
To create a life event on your Facebook profile:
- Tap in the bottom right of Facebook, then tap your name.
- Scroll down to Posts and tap Life Event.
- Select a category or create your own.
- Tap Photos/Videos to add photos and videos to your life event. …
- Tap Next then choose who you want to share your life event with.
Why did my life events disappear from Facebook?
It could be because you chose to not show it and make it public. To check, go to edit profile and look at your life events. Next to each one, click the edit option. It’ll give you a tiny drop down menu.
How do I make my relationship status appear on News Feed?
Tap See Your About Info. Scroll down to the Relationship section. Tap Add a relationship status or tap to Edit status you’ve added already. Choose your relationship status and use the audience selector to choose your privacy setting.
What is life event?
A life event is generally a significant change that occurs in your life. This could be a change to your family, your residence, your previous health coverage, and a number of other things. Without a life event you won’t be able to enroll in a new plan until the next open enrollment period.
Why is my relationship status not showing on Facebook news feed?
This indicates that you have set this to not publish. You will need edit your privacy settings and allow Facebook to share this information. Select the drop down next to Relationships and choose who you want to share this information with.