Why does YouTube ask for my phone number? … Using phone numbers to verify identity is one way to protect our community and combat abuse. We use the phone number to send you a verification code. We also make sure the phone number is not being used on many different accounts.
How do I make a YouTube account without a phone number?
1. Use TextNow to Verify YouTube Account
- Download the TextNow App from the Google Play Store or from the Apple App Store.
- Once TextNow is downloaded, open the App and follow the instructions to complete the setup process.
- Once the app is setup, tap on the 3-line menu icon and note down your free phone number.
Is YouTube verification necessary?
YouTube account verification
By verifying your account, you’ll be given a facility to upload videos over 15 minutes long, add custom thumbnails, live stream, and appeal content ID claims. That’s a vital step to create a valid channel. Anyone who wants to monetize their YouTube channel should verify their account.
How do I remove YouTube verification?
Turn off 2-Step Verification
- Open your Google Account.
- In the “Security” section, select 2-Step Verification. You might need to sign in.
- Select Turn off.
- A pop-up window will appear to confirm that you want to turn off 2-Step Verification. Select Turn off.
Does YouTube sell your phone number?
It also keeps your name, email address, birthday, gender, phone number and country. It collects data on what videos you watch, the ads you click, your location, device information, and IP address and cookie data. … It says it doesn’t hand over any of this information to advertisers.
How do I use YouTube without an account?
Yes, you can certainly watch YouTube without signing in. Either click on a YouTube link sent to you to open it, or go to YouTube and search for the video you want to watch and click on the Play button to make it work.
Do you need a Google Account to use YouTube?
You need a Google Account to sign in to YouTube. A Google Account works across all Google products (like Gmail, Blogger, Maps, YouTube, and more). If you’ve signed in to any of these products before, you already have a Google Account. … If you don’t have a Google Account, you can create one on YouTube.
How can I verify my YouTube channel without phone number 2020?
All you need to do is follow these steps:
- Log in to your YouTube account and click on the Settings option on the left sidebar.
- Select View Additional Features within your Account section.
- Click on the blue button that says Verify.
How does YouTube verify my channel tick?
Apply for channel verification
- You can submit a request for a channel verification once you have 100,000 subscribers. …
- To see if your channel is eligible to request verification, click Sign in at the top-right.
- If someone is impersonating you or your channel, report it to us.
Can I remove Google site verification?
Yes, you can remove google webmaster verification file after getting verified but it is not at all recommended because google bot check it every time when you put an index request. It should be there to built your site cache.
Why does YouTube want me to verify my age?
They’re meant to ensure that Google can use your watch and browsing history for advertising, a practice that is illegal for minors. … As you can see, the reason Google is asking for age verification is the protection of minors, and it’s not meant as a data grab or some obscure money-making scheme.
Is YouTube age verification safe?
So in conclusion, the YouTube age verification request is nothing to worry about as it is merely the streaming platform conforming to laws as per the European Union’s Audiovisual Media Services Directive (AVMSD). Just comply with the process once for a lifetime of obstruction-free video streaming.
Is it safe to give phone number to YouTube?
Using phone numbers to verify identity is one way to protect our community and combat abuse. We use the phone number to send you a verification code. We also make sure the phone number is not being used on many different accounts. Note: We don’t sell your personal info to anyone.
Can I create a Google account without a phone number?
You don’t need a mobile phone, you can use a friend’s phone, or use a landline. Just be sure to remove that number from the account settings, once you have established the account.
How can I make a fake email without a phone number?
How To Create a Gmail Account Without Phone Verification
- Visit the Create your Google Account page.
- Enter your first and last name.
- Create your email by typing whatever you wish before @gmail.com.
- Enter your new password and confirm it.
- Click Next.
- Enter your birthday.