There is no minimum number of followers required to have an Instagram shopping account. You can start tagging products on your Instagram even if you have no followers. If you have 10,000 followers, you can use the swipe-up feature in your stories, but that isn’t related to a shopping account.
How do you get approved for shopping on Instagram?
Commerce Eligibility Requirements
- Comply with our policies. Comply with our policies. …
- Represent your business and your domain. Represent your business and your domain. …
- Be located in a supported market. Be located in a supported market. …
- Demonstrate trustworthiness. …
- Provide accurate information and follow best practices.
Why is my Instagram not eligible for shopping?
Your products or store do not comply with Instagram guidelines. If you’re selling items that are prohibited on Instagram such as weapons, your account will not be eligible for Instagram Shopping. … Only physical goods can be offered on Instagram Shopping.
How do I set up Instagram shopping?
Start using Instagram Shopping
- Go to your Instagram business profile and tap the three lines in the upper right.
- Select Settings.
- Sign up for shopping.
- Follow the steps to submit your account for review.
- Under Settings, visit Shopping at any time to check your account status.
How long does it take to get Instagram shopping approved?
Overall, it takes between 1 day to 2 weeks for Instagram to give shopping approval. The good news is that the average is somewhere in between this time bracket, which means that you might not need to wait two weeks. In the best-case scenario, you can get approved even by the next day!
How long does it take Instagram to approve shopping?
Overall, it takes from a few hours to a few weeks to get approved for Instagram Shopping. If it is needed to review your account in more detail, approval can take up to 14 days.
Do you have to pay for Instagram shopping?
People can visit a shop from a business’ Instagram profile or through feed and Stories. … Collections in shops let businesses customise the shopping experience and curate products into themes that tell their brand story. Creating a shop is free and simple.
Does Instagram take a percentage of sales?
According to their Business Help Center, the selling fee is 5% per shipment or a flat fee of $0.40 for shipments of $8.00 or less. And Instagram Checkout can also mean brands lose out on valuable customer data (such as emails) as all communications are handled by Instagram rather than the brand directly.
How do I add Shopify to Instagram?
Add your product catalog to Instagram
- Using Instagram, open your business profile options and then go to the Settings section.
- Tap Business > Shopping, and then confirm your Facebook account.
- Select the product catalog that you want to connect.
- Tap Done.