Copy the URL you want to shorten from its web page: Click to highlight it, and then press the Ctrl and C keys together. Switch over to the bitly site and place your cursor in the text box that says Paste a link to shorten it. Paste your long URL in the box by pressing the Ctrl and V keys together.
To shorten a link, simply click the Shorten URLs button when posting to Twitter through the Twitter tool or Social Stream.
Does Twitter have a URL shortener?
About Twitter’s link service (http://t.co)
Links shared on Twitter, including links shared in Direct Messages, will automatically be processed and shortened to an http://t.co link. Learn how to shorten links. Please note: anyone with a t.co shortened link will be able to navigate to the destination URL.
How do I shorten a URL for free?
You can shorten a URL by using an URL shortener website, which will shrink your URL for free.
Here’s how to shorten a URL.
- Copy the URL you want to shorten.
- Open Bitly in your web browser.
- Paste the URL into the “Shorten your link” field and click “Shorten.”
- Click “Copy” to grab the new URL.
You cannot opt-out of the t.co link shortening service, because Twitter uses it to gather information about how many times a link is clicked. Twitter also protects users with its t.co service by checking converted links against a list of possibly dangerous websites.
For a Website
- Copy the URL that you want to shorten.
- Go to tinyurl.com.
- Paste the long URL and click the “Make TinyURL!” button.
- The shortened URL will appear. You can now copy and paste it where you need it.
How do I truncate a URL?
Direct your Web browser to the Url.ie site (see Resources). Enter your URL into the text field provided beneath the “Step 1 of 2” heading. Press the “Truncate!” button. On the “Step 2 of 2” page, click the “Copy” button provided to copy the new short URL.
How do you shorten a tweet?
6 Ways To Make Your Tweets Shorter
- Use a link shortener. I have seen many people using TinyUrl to shorten their links, and I used to use TinyUrl as well. …
- Use text message language. …
- Drop the punctuation. …
- Look for shorter synonyms. …
- One sentence rule. …
- Tweet an image with the words.
Is Bitly free?
Bitly price: Free plan with limited customization; Basic plan from $35/month with branded domains, more links per month, and support.
How does TinyURL make money?
TinyURL instead makes revenue from Google ads on the its main site. … Putting an advertisement in front of that transaction can reduce the value of the link. With the low pay-back from the monetized shortened links, users could actually end up losing money with these services instead of making it.
Is Short URL safe?
The security risk with a shortened URL is you cannot tell where you are going when you click the link, you have to trust the sender. As a result, some organizations teach their employees not to trust shortened URLs, or simply block them at their network gateway. This poses a problem for the OUCH!
Which URL shortener is best?
Six best URL shortener services compared
- Bitly. Bitly is a powerful (and popular) tool for shortening URLs. …
- TinyURL. TinyURL is the best URL shortening solution for anonymous use. …
- Ow.ly. Hootsuite is a popular social media management tool. …
- Rebrandly. …
- T2M. …