You either need 10,000 Instagram followers, or you need to be verified. (The two are not one and the same.) If you fall into one or both of these camps, you should automatically see a chain link icon at the top of your screen when you go to post a Story.
THE LINK STICKER ISSUE ON INSTAGRAM STORIES IS NOW SOLVED!
Yeah, that’s right, people were not able to access the link sticker option on an Instagram story is because either the Instagram account was not officially been verified by Instagram or the account did not have at least 10.000 followers.
Why don’t I have the link option o my Instagram Story? It’s a question many people ask. Instagram says you’ve got to have 10k followers in order to be granted clickable links. … Read on to discover our cool hack for adding links to your Instagram Stories without the need to have 10,000 followers.
The ‘Link’ sticker
Tap the Stories camera at the top of your screen. Take a photo or video in the app or choose from your camera roll. Head to the Instagram Stories sticker tray icon. Scroll until you see the “Link” sticker.
The simplest (and most basic) way of adding a link to your Instagram, is to display it in your profile. To do this, go to your Instagram profile and tap Edit Profile. Add your desired link to the Website field, then tap the checkmark to save the changes. Any link placed here will be hyperlinked.
To add a Link sticker:
- Capture or upload content to your story.
- Select the sticker tool from the top navigation bar.
- Tap the “Link” sticker to add your desired link and tap “Done”
- Place the sticker on your story — like our other stickers — and tap on the sticker to see color variations.
3. Add Link To Instagram Story Through @Mention
- Add a picture on your Story.
- Include a call to action button design, such as “click here” Shop Now” etc.
- Add the @mention sticker over the added button.
- Set the sticker’s color.
- Mention the Instagram account you want to promote.
- Resize the mention.
Select the text or picture that you want to display as a hyperlink. Press Ctrl+K. You can also right-click the text or picture and click Link on the shortcut menu. In the Insert Hyperlink box, type or paste your link in the Address box.
Here’s what to do:
- Take a photo, or upload an image to your Story.
- In the Story editor, tap the link icon on the top of the screen (the one that looks like a chain).
- Tap +URL.
- Type in the URL of the website you want to link to.
- Tap “Done” on the upper right corner of the screen.